Are you serious about improving the level of service you now provide? Of course you are. Providing outstanding client service is an imperative for business success.
Below are Seven steps you can take to make a positive impression with clients, and improve the level of service you provide.
1) From the first point of contact with your client, portray a higher level of service than your competitors. Make sure everyone answers the phone in a highly professional manner. Clients and potential clients can tell how professional you are by how phones are answered.
2) Involve your staff in creating “guiding-principles” on how you will treat clients and each other. For example, “We will have a sense of urgency to serve our clients.” “We will make sure our office is spotlessly clean and makes a positive impression.” “If we see a client approaching our door, we will rush to the door to open it, greet them warmly.” “We will make sure we pay strict attention to compliance.”
These are simple. Work with your team and add more specific principles related to your business. Put these in writing and give everyone a copy. Remind them about professionalism and exceptional service on a consistent basis.
3) Hold weekly meetings to discuss, “wins, (new clients) hits (a door has been opened) and misses, (where the ball was dropped.) If any complaints came in that week discuss how you could have been proactive in preventing them. Then, determine ways to put the “WOW” into their experience with you. Keep in mind, little things can make a big difference. Most firms hold team meetings on Mondays or Fridays.
4) Train your staff on how to speak to customers. Studies have proven that customers are more loyal when they hear communication that is professional and memorable. “We’re always here for you John.”
“We want what is best for you.”
5) Take a good hard look at your marketing and advertising. (Hopefully your marketing and advertising is great! Then, ask yourself this question: How much real truth is there in those carefully chosen words about how great you and your firm are? Hopefully, a great deal. Even so, the most successful pros are never satisfied. They are always seeking to bump up the level of service they provide. This holds true if you have your own practice or if you work for a large firm. Treat your staff as well as you treat your best customers. Studies have proven that if your employees are happy with you, their boss and your culture, you will have higher levels of client loyalty.
6) Create a competitive advantage and differentiate your business by branding your service. (Check with compliance first. Every company has different rules.) It demonstrates you are serious about client service and improves potential clients’ perceptions of your company. Create a catchy phrase that resonates with your company name. If your company is First Wealth Management, your service brand could be “Client Service First.” If your company is Five Rings Financial your service brand can be “Five Star Service.” If it is challenging to create a brand that “sings” with your company name, then create a Service Promise, or Client Bill of Rights. Make sure it is prominent on your website.
7) Develop an obsession to deliver your best performance with every client, every day. Instill that obsession into your entire company.
Getting serious about client service involves a great deal more, but if take these steps, and you be in a better position to grow and prosper. If you need help in this area, or with sales, marketing, or advertising,
Call (847) 581-9968, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.